“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”
Elizabeth Andrew, OBE
Raiders has grown over the years to become one of the most successful youth football clubs in the country – FA Community Club of the Year in 2014, the Silver Award for UEFA European Grassroots Club of the Year in 2015, Herts FA Community Club of the Year in 2017 and Hertfordshire Community Club of the Year 2019.
We now have around 1,200 boys and girls in 92 teams plus Senior, Ladies, Walking Football and Inclusive Football sections. Victims of our own success, perhaps?
The Club is run by unpaid volunteers – 13 Trustees, Committee Members, an army of Age Group Coordinators, team managers, assistant managers and match day delegates… supported by a part-time, paid for Club Administrator and a recently appointed Operations Manager.
As the club grows, the pressure on our volunteer “management team” increases. So…. We’re always looking for some additional help with running the Club…. whether you’re an existing Manager, Assistant Manager, or Age Group Coordinator (who may have some additional time to spare…) or you’re a Raiders parent who’d like to give some time to helping run the Club.
We would particularly like to involve some parents from the younger age groups whom we hope will be with the Club for some time.
We are actively seeking to fill four Volunteer roles:
Trustee – Football Strategy & Development
Are you a long-term strategic thinker, excited about diversifying and improving football’s offering?
Would you enjoy building relationships with the national and regional Football Associations?
Do you have a passion for developing girls’ and boys’ youth football and development pathways?
Berkhamsted Raiders strives to be the best community youth Football Club in Europe, to maximize players potential and have a positive impact on the community. Over the last 25 years we have grown to 94 teams with over 1,200 players and are proud to have the most female youth football players of any Club in England. In order to continue our success and diversify our offering in line with The FA vision, we are looking for a Trustee to be responsible for Berkhamsted Raiders strategy & development.
The role will incorporate:
– Football Associations – Work closely with the Board of Trustees to align Raider’s strategy with the FA’s 4-year vision (2020-2024), The FA’s Women’s and Girl’s strategy “Inspiring Positive Change” (2020-2024) Hertfordshire FA’s 3-year plan. Develop relationships with key stakeholders within the National and regional FAs.
– Diversification – Build strategy to further develop Raider’s Inclusive football, Futsal, Walking football, and Seniors teams
– Women’s Football – Devise strategy to evolve the recreational Women’s football offering
– Referees – Work closely with stakeholders to build our referee development proposition including a Raiders Referee Academy
– Girls and Boys Talent development – Work closely with our Football Steering Group to audit and partner with the “Elite “ Academy teams (PSA, R&A, JP Pro etc) for our junior sides, as well as the JPL and Midweek U18 league and U18+ pathways with local clubs.
– As a Trustee you will be expected to attend Trustee meetings and contribute to the overall Trustee responsibility for best practice management of the Club, take responsibility for personal conflicts of interests and declare, record and manage these appropriately.
If you are interested please get in touch with the club chairman Chris Armond at email@example.com
Club Welfare Officer Role – Volunteer
Berkhamsted Raiders is seeking to add a second Club Welfare Officer role to look after the welfare responsibilities for the Raiders Girls teams. The role and responsibilities of the post are set out in the roles and responsibilities document. Anyone who is interested in finding out more about this important role in the Club should contact Joanna Conway, the Trustee Board member for Welfare, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Officer – Volunteer
The Club is seeking help from a member of the Berkhamsted Raiders community who can help us promote the club and all it’s initiatives and news through our ever growing social media channels. Our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels play an important role in communicating with our players, parents, managers, volunteers, sponsors and wider community.
We are looking for an individual who has some experience in managing social media accounts and would be able to get involved in content creation and communication including creating a calendar of events. We estimate that during the season, it will take around 1-2 hours per week on average. It would suit a Raiders parent or an older age group player who is keen to improve their social media experience. If you are interested please get in touch with Simeon Bird, the Trustee Board member for Marketing, at email@example.com
Marketing Officer – Volunteer
Linked to the requirement for a Social Media Volunteer, the Club is also looking for someone to help with a broader marketing role covering our Email and PR activity. This role would be involved in generating and coordinating content for a regular programme of newsletters to parents and managers as well as working with local media to drive press coverage of our strategic and ad-hoc initiatives.
This is an exciting role to help the club’s communication and visibility grow and we estimate would take 2-3 hours on average per week. If you are interested, or know anyone who is, please get in touch with Simeon Bird, Marketing Trustee, at firstname.lastname@example.org