Raiders is an all abilities club with a focus on boys and girls who live or go to school in Berkhamsted and Northchurch. We provide football for over 1,000 boys and girls in our 80 youth teams.
As a result of our success, we attract more players than we can provide places for. We have waiting lists for some age groups. In some age groups, we offer training places where we do not have capacity in match day squads or for children who may not be strong enough yet to play in competitive matches.
We have Taster Sessions to try out for fun in April & May 2022, details for girls here: Girls Taster Sessions
Raiders accepts players who have been told by other clubs that they are “not good enough”. We are an all abilities club that believes that every child should be given the opportunity to participate in sport.
Who can join?
The order of priority for membership of the Club is as follows:
- The child is already a Raiders training player who wants to upgrade to full membership.
- The child has a sibling already at Raiders.
- The child lives in the Berkhamsted and Northchurch community and/or attends one of the local schools, irrespective of ability.
- The parent is willing to volunteer to help with the running of the Club – as a Parent Manager or Assistant Manager, as a Referee, a Match Day Delegate, or in one of the volunteer roles that are key to running the Club.
- The child has strong ability or potential as a footballer and wishes to benefit from the professional coaching set up at Raiders.