- This event has passed.
Raiders Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) Screening Day
23 January @ 9:00 am
18th April 2020 has been CANCELLED due to the Convid-19
NEXT CRY SCREENING DATE 23rd January 2021
Every week in the UK at least 12 assumingly fit and healthy young people die of undiagnosed heart conditions… CRY is a national charity saving young lives and supporting those affected. The charity aims to reduce the frequency of young, sudden cardiac death by working with cardiologists and family doctors to establish good practice and appropriate screening facilities to help protect and promote the cardiac health in our young. Harry Faulkner and Alex Hubbard were both Raiders players who lost their lives early to an undiagnosed heart condition. At the last Raiders screening, four individuals were identified needing additional investigations. This is why Raiders are so passionate about supporting and promoting CRY.
PLEASE NOTE: The screening day is only available for children aged 14 or over as for children younger than this, their hearts are not yet fully developed enough for the equipment to work accurately
Online booking is now open, please click here to book your place and follow the instructions below:
- Visit www.testmyheart.org.uk/private/
- Find Berkhamsted Cricket Club listed for the 18th April. Click Register.
- The password for this screening is BCC20 . Please do not give out this password as this screening is private.
- Select a time slot and click ‘register now’. (You can book up to 3 appointments at one time.)
- Fill in the required details.
- Once the appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email; this will include a consent form. Please download the document, read carefully before completing and take it with you on the day.