BRCFC requires a qualified Bookkeeper who is organised, efficient and skilled at keeping track of the income and expenditure of BRCFC. The Bookkeeper will use Sage Accounting online software and will be tasked with managing the balancing of accounts at the end of each month.
This is a paid, self employed role.
The Bookkeeper will report to the Club Treasurer.
Accountable for delivering an accurate trial balance of BRCFC income and expenditure, the Bookkeeper will be responsible for a variety of activities that will include:
- Match the nominal code structure to the management needs of the club.
- Creating accounts on an accrual basis and report cashflow monthly against forecast.
- Reconcile bank statements weekly.
- Daily usage of financial processes, enhancing and updating where needed
- Maintaining accounts, verifying and posting transactions where necessary.
- Balancing accounts on a week-to-week basis
- Liaising with the Club Administrator.
- Preparing schedules, statements and reports as requested
- Managing & filing relevant documentation
- Possess first-rate numerical skills
- Strong bookkeeping skills and previous experience in a similar role. A bookkeeping qualification is highly desirable.
- Solid organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including relationship building with individuals across the business
- Highly computer literate with experience of accounting packages, particularly Sage Accounting, and ideally the online version
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and to deadlines, using a logical and methodical approach
- Knowledge of Excel or other spreadsheets
Time (estimated) Commitment:
- In 1st 4-6 weeks: 30-50 hours to review and improve our bookkeeping systems.
- Thereafter 2-5 hours per week to maintain our systems.
This a paid self-employed role which will be remunerated at £20 per hour.
How to apply
Send your application letter and CV to Steve Bird, Club Treasurer on treasurer(AT)berkhamstedraiders.com